Snickers Surprise

It's been awhile...

I can tell you that I've been getting lots of rest, but that's not really the case. Actually, that's not the case at all. I've been itching to post, but since our return from Disney, my camera charger has been M.I.A. That said, the following pics were taken with my iphone and I'm still trying to figure it out. Just got the phone this week, it was an early Christmas gift. Woot, woot, thanks Santa! (Yep, I just said woot, woot.)

Ok, I don't make cookies for a reason...well, with the exception of my banana bread cookies (YUM!) of course.

I did, however, try my hand at these Snickers stuffed peanut butter cookies.


So what's my reason for not making cookies? I get easily distracted. Such a short baking time doesn't allow me the necessary buffer needed to walk away. By the time I have the "Oh, my cookies!" moment, it's already too late.

Don't walk away or set a timer...great advice, and sounds so simple doesn't it?! (Sigh)

Warm from the oven, the gooey center was a sweet surprise. Dark bottoms or not, they still got a thumbs up from the critics. Although, there are still some left, which is highly unusual with this bunch.


I think I'll leave the cookie making to someone else. Good thing I have a couple of friends and a sister-in-law that make cookies to die for, so no worries!

I used the 1-1-1-1 peanut butter cookie recipe and wrapped 1/2 of a miniature Snickers in the cookie dough, making sure to cover the candy completely to avoid having a melted mess on the cookie sheet. With the following recipe I made 1 dozen Snickers surprise cookies, and 1 dozen mini peanut butter (unstuffed).



1-1-1-1 Peanut Butter Cookies
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup white sugar (some variations use a mix of brown and white sugar)
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla

miniature Snickers bars - halved

Combine all ingredients, wrap dough around candy pieces or drop teaspoonfuls (for regular pb cookies) on cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for approx 8-10 minutes (not 10-15!)

For crisscross pattern on stuffed cookies bake a couple of minutes to soften candy then use sugar coated fork an GENTLY press. For unstuffed, press pattern onto cookies prior to baking.

Enjoy!

Comments

  1. Thanks a lot for this recipe! My children will love to make this in the school holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The yummy and gooey center sure makes up for your baking mishap. They look absolutely sinful and delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have made these before and they are ridiculously delicious! Thanks for reminding me about them. They just might end up replacing peanut blossoms on my christmas coolie list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look delicious! I'm a huge snickers fan and sticking them in a cookie sounds perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooh. snickers stuffed peanut cookies...that sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks really yummy indeed :)
    congratulation for TOP 9 today

    ReplyDelete
  7. These sound wonderful! Brilliant idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. One word...YUM-O!!! Congrats on the top 9:-)
    Take care,
    Terra
    www.cafeterrablog.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing cookies! Would love to have them as an entry in my 12 Cookies of Christmas contest: http://www.foodandwinechickie.com/2010/12/01/12-cookies-of-christmas-contest/

    Best,
    Veronique

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you everyone! Can't believe it made the top 9....not the best quality pics considering my camera situation. And though it's not an original idea, just think of the possibilities....your favorite cookie dough coupled with a sweet surprise in the center, mmm!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts